Duration: 5 days
Is your organization moving towards project-based approaches and initiatives? Learn how to successfully manage projects through this essential hands-on course.
As a manager, you recognize the need for effective project management best practices. Essentials of Project Management is an applied course that provides you with the necessary knowledge and skills to efficiently manage projects and meet expectations. Through this useful course, you will learn the concepts of project management – and how to practically apply these concepts to your own projects.
Along with reducing overall costs and improving the quality of your projects, this course focuses on the technical and behavioral skills required by all project managers. For example, technical project management skills include scope definition, work breakdown, scheduling, budgeting and risk management; and behavioral skills include leadership, team development, communications, problem solving and negotiation.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Manage stakeholder expectations and interests.
- Define and articulate project requirements and objectives.
- Draft an effective project charter.
- Create a complete, detailed project plan.
- Develop a thorough project scope statement.
- Create a work breakdown structure.
- Estimate and assign project resources.
- Develop a realistic, optimized schedule.
- Develop a comprehensive project budget.
- Plan, monitor and control project risks.
- Control project activities and manage variances.
- Use project management software to plan, track and monitor projects.
- Communicate and measure project performance and status.
- Lead and develop project teams.
- Close and document project results.
Who Should Attend
Project managers, team managers/leaders, and project team members.